Hi there, my name is Jenna-Leigh and I would like to welcome all you creative crafters on my journey in discovering all the wonderful machines and tools we supply and sell here @Doodles-Café. Together we will get to know all the different machines we have to offer and what they can and can’t do.
In this blog we will be discovering all he wonderful capabilities and features of the Cricut Explore Air 2.
So you’ve just purchased a new Cricut Explore Air 2 or want to purchase one..... then you have come to the right place. Get excited, this fun crafting machine will take you to planet craft with many hours of fun.
Lets get started with what you get in the box.
Included in the box when purchasing:
- Cricut Explore Air ™ machine
- Premium Fine-Point Blade + Housing
- Fine Point Pen,Black
- Lightgrip Mat , 12” x 12” (30.5cm x 30.5cm)
- Welcome Book
- USB Cable
- Power Adapter
- Free Trial membership to Cricut Access ™ ( For new subscribers)
- 50 Ready-To-Make Projects
- Materials For A Practice Projects
Now that we have seen what is in the box lets get excited to see how this crafting machine works and what It can do.
- Cuts and writes up to 2X faster than previous Cricut Explore modules and can cut or write up to 30 cm wide and 60 cm long.
- Cuts 100 materials everything from cardstock, vinyl, and iron-on to a range of specialty materials.
- Storage compartments to keep all those essential tools and accessories close by.
- Two tool holders to ensure that you can easily switch between cutting and writing in a simple selection without having to lift a finger.
- And the best for last, it can easily connect to your digital smart devices via Bluetooth.
Quick Tip: How to set the bluetooth
- Open the Start menu and select Settings.
- Open the Devices option.
- Ensure that Bluetooth is ON and click Add Bluetooth or other device.
- Select Bluetooth and wait for the computer to detect your Cricut machine.
Quick Tip: if one cannot find an
item from Cricut, don't hesitate to try other vinyl makes to make it easier for you do what you need.
Some awesome great features about the Explore:
- Compatible with Scoring Stylus and Deep-Point Blade (sold separately). Fine-Point Blade for cutting a wide variety of popular craft materials.
- Design Space® software compatible with iOS, Android™, Windows®, and Mac®.
- Upload and use your own images and fonts for free.
Quick Tip: How to Design your own images
- Open Cricut Design Space and start a new project.
- Click the Upload Images icon in the let hand corner and click Upload Image. You can use Cricut fonts as well as any system font installed on your computer, iOS device, or Android device.
- Select "Text" from the design panel to the left of the canvas.
- The Text Edit bar will appear.
- Click on the Font drop-down menu.
- Select the desired font.
Another great feature is that is is compatible with Cricut cartridges. Now, you may be asking "what is this what does the Cricut cartridge do and how does it work"?
Cricut cartridges are a collection of images that you would buy and use to create projects on your Cricut machine. These collections centered around a theme, a season, a holiday, a type, licensed characters, etc. There is usually some common thread that ties all of the images on a particular cartridge together. So if you used to have an old Cricut machine, and have tons of cartridges, then fear not, you can use them on the NEW Cricut Explore Air 2 as well.
Quick Tip: How to use Cricut cartridges
- Ensure your Cricut Explore machine (Air 2 or older) is powered on and connected to your computer via USB cable, or insert the Cartridge Adapter into a USB port on your computer.
- Select Link Cartridges from the Account Menu in the upper left corner of Design Space.
- Select your device from the drop-down menu.
I hope this article has given you more insight into what this machines capabilities are and some tips and tricks along the way.
Until next time;
Doodles Love; Jenna