Hi there, my name is Jenna-Leigh and I would like to welcome all you creative crafters on my journey in discovering all the wonderful machines and tools we supply and sell here @Doodles-Café. Together we will get to know all the different machines we have to offer and what they can and can’t do.
Let's start with the Cricut Maker.
I first started testing the demo model we have here and loved it so much, I ended up buying one of my own and now would love to share my experience with you. I have cut sticker paper, vinyl as well as heat transfer vinyl with it….and WOW it’s so easy and fun to use.
I have only had mine for about 2 months and love, love, love my Cricut Maker so far. I have unfortunately not had the chance to test every single tool and function yet. I am really excited to push this maker to the limits and test all the various features of this amazing machine with all the different blades and tips so looking forward to diving in full on.
What I can tell you is that it handles fabrics, leather, paper, and balsa wood with effortless precision. Cuts sewing patterns in just a few clicks. And places more creative possibilities than ever at your fingertips. Another huge plus is that it can connect via Bluetooth.
1. Knife Blade - This extra-deep blade slices through heavier materials like 2.4 mm (3/32”) balsa wood and matboard with ease. It’s ideal for thicker materials like balsa wood, mat board, and heavy leather.
2. Rotary Blade - With its gliding, rolling action, this blade cuts through virtually any fabric quickly and accurately – without backing material. Use it to cut cotton, fleece, denim, and more.
3. Single and Double Scoring Wheels - Scoring Wheel makes a deep single-line score perfect for uncoated light materials like crepe paper, light cardstock and even acetate. Double Scoring Wheel creates two deep, parallel score lines that are ideal for coated, heavier materials like poster board and cardboard.
4. Wavy Blade - This specially sculpted stainless steel blade is great for original decals, envelopes, cards, gift tags, and collage projects, or anytime you need fabulously finished edges and stylish design accents.
5. Perforation Blade - Get the perfect tear quickly and effortlessly with precise perforation cuts on a variety of projects. Evenly spaced perforation lines allow for clean, even tearing without the need to fold beforehand – especially great for shapes with curves!
6. Fine Debossing Tip - To create crisp, detailed debossed designs, just snap this tip onto the QuickSwap Housing (sold separately) and tell your Cricut Maker to "Go!" Unlike embossing folders, which lock you into a specific design, this rolling debossing ball, powered by your Cricut Maker, gives you free reign to customize, personalize, and design with incredible intricacy. Creates a stunning effect on foil cardstock, coated paper, shimmer and glitter paper, foil cardstock, and much more.
7. Engraving Tip - Watch with awe as you write personalized text or create monograms, draw decorative flourishes and embellishments, or inscribe your favorite quotes on a keepsake. For an eye-catching effect, engrave Cricut Aluminum Sheets or anodized aluminum to reveal the silver beneath.
How awesome is it that the Cricut Maker can offer the widest range of tools for cutting, scoring, writing, and adding decorative effects – all so you can take on virtually any project you can imagine. Cricut Maker quickly and accurately cuts 300+ materials, from the most delicate paper and fabric to the tough stuff like matboard, leather, and basswood. Now your creative potential is exponential.
And then they tell you they are still working on more mind blowing possibilities. Cricut Maker grows with you as you master each new craft. Effortlessly switch between tools without missing a beat. Simply press the quick-release button at the top of this versatile housing, snap your desired tip into place, and get making. Only Cricut Maker features unique, commercial-grade technology that controls the direction of the blade and the cut pressure to match your material. Plus, with 10X more cutting power, you can take on more materials than ever.
I love that they thought of having options to place your tools in Cricut Maker is full of thoughtful touches to make your DIY experience easier. Extra built-in storage keeps your tools organized and within reach. A helpful docking slot holds your tablet or smartphone. And the convenient USB port lets you charge your device in a flash.
Then, just when you thought that is it.....oh no....there is more! It can foil too. Cricut Foil Transfers are pressure-activated, not heat-activated like the Foil Quill, which means NO heat is needed. The Cricut presses the special tool down onto the foil sheet, transferring the foil onto your base material. No special adapter is needed.
Let's not forget about the nifty pen & marker tool, drawing custom designs and images as easy as pie.
I am sure as I go along and test my way through all these awesome features and tools, that in Part 2 I will share some of my own tips and tricks I have learned along the way.
Until next time, I wish you tons of happy and creative crafting using your Cricut Maker! Please feel free to share your beautiful creations with our Doodles Team.
Doodles Love; Jenna